Broccoli – the chicken of green vegetables. Broccoli can pretty much go with any type of meal and sauce – marinara, teriyaki, hot sauce, pesto, etc. Italian, american, oriental, etc. The list goes on. Pretty much anything other than Mexican food. I don’t know if I’ve ever done anything with broccoli when I make something Mexican. Plus it’s nice for meal prep because you can throw in the broccoli when it’s still frozen when preparing the lunches. When you heat it up, it will cook and be the perfect amount of tender/crunchy.
So here is another meal that I put broccoli with. I’ve also sauteed squash and tomatoes with Italian seasoning and put that with this dish. Almost any veggie will go with the flavors. This is a simple meal and one that is easily meat-based or plant-based. Especially when getting the already cooked Italian sausages/brats. You could also add a small container of marinara to add to the sausages before re-heating it, but that will have to wait until next time.
For Each Lunch
- 1 Italian Sausage, sliced and slightly browned in a non-stick skillet
- I use Field Roast Sausages for mine, and an Organic Chicken Italian Sausage for James
- 1 cup frozen veggies
- This time I used broccoli florets
- 1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
- Salt and Pepper
- No other special seasoning, simple as that!