I love pumpkin bread. And nothing is better than a fall morning starting off with a hot cup of coffee or chai tea and pumpkin bread! Oh man! Mornings are hard for me to make something since we are usually rushed… I say I’m rushed, but I just really like sleep. I’ll sleep until I have just enough time to get out the door. Needless to say I’m not gonna cook a full breakfast in the morning if there is a banana or a yogurt to grab on my why out.
BUT – with this recipe I can make it ahead and eat it throughout the week. And with the oat flour, apples, walnuts, and pumpkin, this breakfast bread, although tastes like dessert, isn’t the worst bake good you can eat first thing in the morning. It is heavy, and filling. I don’t know if I’d call it bread, but it will do.
Try this recipe out to start your fall mornings with! NOM!
Pumpkin, Apple, and Walnut Breakfast Bread
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, excluding the apples and walnuts. Mix until there are no lumps. Add in the apples and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet with the dry and mix until all is combined. It will be thick.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure the toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs. Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy! Store rest in the fridge.