I love potatoes. And there will be more that I do with potatoes as I continue on. But this recipe is definitely going to be a keeper and it’s a great one to put with any summer meal. It’s sweet and salty and has that lemon taste to it that just screams summer-time to me. Not to mention simple.
We used this when we had grilled out one night and needed a quick side to go with salmon, and for me I just had the sides which included this. We roasted them in the oven. I’m not sure how it would be on the grill, but I’m sure it’s worth giving it a try!
Lemon Herb Golden Potato Fries
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 lbs golden potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, butter, or earth balance (melted)
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take the fresh herbs, lemon zest, and salt and pulse in a grinder until it is ground and looks like a rub. Set aside.
- Wash and prepare potatoes, cutting them into fry length. Toss the potatoes in the oil, or butter and spread on a baking sheet. We usually put aluminum foil down for easy clean up.
- Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes. Toss them and add the seasoning herb salt. Roast them for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat once the edges start to brown on the potatoes and cool for just a few minutes before serving.