I’m starting to like summer. Not the heat, but for the food. Green beans, berries, watermelon. Give it all to me!!
So while there will be berry and watermelon recipes soon to come, here is one of our new favorite green bean recipes. It’s simple, and would be easy enough for food prep – for those ambitious people.
I’ve been really liking roasting my veggies. It gives it more of an al dente texture, which I love, and it brings out the sweetness in the veggies. Looks like different kinds of roasted veggies are going to be on the menu for a while.
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. fresh green beans, wash, and tips snapped off
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Shredded Parmesan to taste (omnivore)
- Nutritional Yeast to taste (plant based)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the green beans in olive oil and salt and pepper. Sprinkle the green beans with either the parmesan or the nutritional yeast. And then sprinkle the minced garlic on top.
- Bake the green beans, uncovered, for 10 minutes on a lined cookie sheet. Shake the sheet and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.