I know there is an app for everything, but did you realize there is an article for everything too?
At work I was sealing a semi-small stack of envelopes and I wondered why we still had to lick or wet the envelopes. With technology the way that it is, you would think we could manufacture more peel-and-stick envelopes and not have to stick our tongue out every time we want to send some mail.
Believe it or not, there’s an article for it. There’s an article explaining the history of envelopes. There’s an article about different methods that are used. There is an article explaining why we still use the “gum” method. Who knew? So while I was sealing the envelopes, I was reading up on all the envelope history. It’s not too exciting, and not too long, but some things are interesting. I mean, China used to use clay pots as envelopes for secret royalty information. Once it was delivered it was smashed. I wish I could smash clay pots every time I got my mail…
Along with there being an app and article for everything, there is a salad with go with everything as well. When I had made the Creole Chickpea/Chicken Pasta I wanted something citrus and light to go with it and kept seeing different versions of a green salad with oranges. This is what I had on hand so this is what I made, and it was awesome with the pasta!
Mixed Power Greens with Clementines & Roasted Pecans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest, or clementine zest
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 3-4 clementines, peeled and in pieces
- 8-10 oz. Mixed Power Greens (Swiss Chard, Spinach, and Arugula was in my mix)
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Make the dressing. Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, olive oil, and Dijon. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- If your pecans are not already toasted, heat a small skillet on low heat without anything but the pecans in it. Let it slowly toast with you mixing it around so that the nuts do not burn. Once you start to smell the nuts, turn the heat off and throw the toasted pecans in a bowl.
- Take your greens, top with clementines, toasted pecans, and oranges and enjoy!