I wanted to make a cheese that I could easily find the ingredients to and make that would substitute herb cheese in certain recipes (like my post for this Friday). This came out a little more lemony then I expected, but everyone still loved it! It’s light, it’s creamy, it’s savory! Of course anything with cashews is delicious. Do you know why?
Cashews are brain food! Most nuts and seeds are because of their essential fatty acids, but cashews specifically have an anti-anxiety / anti-stress effect and can even help with mild depression! So next time you’re about to loose it – instead of going for the chocolate, sugar, or alcohol, grab a handful of cashews or whip up a cashew spread/dip and chill out! Or do all three – chocolate covered cocoa nibs, cashews or cashew cheese, and some white wine are one of my favorite combinations for a “chill out” nibble plate.
Try this recipe the next time you need to have a night like that!
Lemon Garlic Herb Cashew Spread/Dip
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp each fresh parsley, dill, and chives
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 roasted garlic cloves (see note)
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak your cashews overnight.
- Roast your garlic (see note).
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. I had to push down the sides a few times for it to all blend together, but if you are patient it will happen and you will have a nice thick creamy cashew cheese!
- Enjoy with crackers or spread on toast, bagels, or use in any recipe for sauces, etc.