So this is recipe can be for those nights you need a simple recipe that will fill you up and most, if not all people, will enjoy. Chili Mac! And you guessed it… it’s chili, and macaroni noodles. Done!
You can make it one of two ways – buy canned vegan chili, or make a simple chili yourself with kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and spices. Here is the more lazier of the two since this is the recipe I keep on reserve for busy nights, or nights that you don’t feel good.
Note: I use Amy’s canned Chili which has soy. If you know of a soy free canned vegan chili let me know! It’s one of those things I’ll splurge on just because I need something to make in 10 minutes.
- 1 lb. bag of whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 2 (15oz) cans Vegan Chili – I use Amy’s Medium Chili
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dairy or Vegan Cheese and raw onion to add on top if desired
- Cook pasta according to package and set aside.
- Pour on top of drained pasta the canned chili, chopped tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Stir, and let warm through on medium-low heat. 5 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. 4. Top with onion and/or cheese if desired.