Last month I had a “Mommy Shower” for one of my friends I consider my sister. After her Baby Shower, I wanted to have a “Mommy” shower with gifts just for her and to make sure she knew who here “girl gang” and support group was. Plus we were also able to have a girls night before the baby came – which, by the way, Jack was born last week!
So using that as an example I wanted to show you what we had as our spread for our tapas since it was “shared”. Tapas is a Spanish word for “small plate” usually served as an appetizer before a meal, or to eat with drinks. Basically, we had a lot of snacks and appetizers as our dinner.
It’s one of our favorite things to do at home for dinner as well, especially if it’s a busy day just bring out the crackers, hummus, veggies, chips, salsa, and more and just munch! So with that idea, I wanted to share with you what we had, and also throw in some of our usual tapas items we have when it’s a busy night.
For the Mommy Shower Tapas:
- Vegan: Cheddar Bomb AKA Kick Ace Cheddar Ball from Vedged Out
- Vegan: Miyoko’s Double Cream Garlic Herb cashew cheese
- Vegan: Hello Dollies
- Vegan: Merlot Cake – My mother wasn’t planning on making it vegan, but in the end it was!
- Omnivore: Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Vegan: Sweet and Sour Meatballs – which my mother made from the “Gimme Lean” sausage
- Vegan: Smoked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Omnivore: Brie Plate with Chutney and Caramelized Pecans
- Omnivore: Jalopeno Poppers
- Vegan: Sweet Potato Tots with Chipotle Mayo
- Omnivore: Cheese Straws
- Vegan: Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, Hummus, Crackers, Naan Bread, Carrot Sticks
- Drinks: White Winter Sangria – both ways, Water, Coffee, and Herbal Tea
Some other things we’ll grab for a “tapas” dinner night are things we can easily buy and eat.
- Any fruits and veggies you can easily grab and eat – sliced cucumber, cherry or grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery, berries, apple slices, grapes, etc.
- Chips and Salsa
- Hummus and Crackers
- Frozen veggie pot stickers
- James will get pizza rolls or chicken tenders or wings
- Cashew cheeses
- Steamed artichokes with melted earth balance/butter
- Nuts and seeds – pistachios, almonds, etc.
- Chili Queso – Daiya cheese and a can of vegan chili… awful
- Pretzels – Like the pretzels and German dipping sauces I made a few months ago.
So have at it! Get your favorite snacks and appetizers together and make a plate. It is definitely one of the nights we feel like we are not eating completely separate meals.
Have an Easy Dinner Night, Eat Your Favorite Snacks, and Have a Happy, Healthy, and Simple Kitchen!