Hello everyone! I wanted to share this lovely recipe featuring Miyoko’s Kitchen cashew cheese. I kept seeing Miyoko’s cashews cheeses in the vegan section in Whole Foods for a few weeks and decided to try it. If you follow my Instagram you saw that I loved their Herb and Garlic cheese and have used it with pasta – which I’m working on a baked pasta recipe with that cheese and will be posting it eventually.
But I wanted to share with you what I did with their High Sierra Rustic Alpine cheese. I had tried it, and if you get it and just want to eat it, my favorite way is with green apple slices. YUM! But instantly when I tasted this I wanted to do something with it and spinach and artichoke dip came to mind. Since I was having a few friends over I decided to try it!
Now using this and I know their product isn’t widely available, it makes me want to see if I can make my own smoked cashew cheese. Especially since it’s kind of a toss up whether Whole Foods will have it in stock or not. At least one of the three they carry is always out. So just in cause there is an emergency and the grocery store is out of your favorite smoked cashew cheese – I can see this being a problem for me in the future – I’m going to start testing out how to make my own smoked cheese. Until then…
Smoked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- olive oil
- 10 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 pkg. of Miyoko’s High Sierra Rustic Alpine Cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in spinach, artichokes, and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and spinach is wilted.
- Add in nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, and toast the spices. 1 minute.
- Add in mayo, and the Smoked Farmhouse cheese – take the cheese and pinch off pieces so that it melts evenly and quickly.
- Keep the skillet at a low/medium heat until all is combined.
- Once combined transfer to a bowl/serving dish and serve with crusty bread!