I love savory breakfasts! So finding different ways to have a savory vegan breakfast I’ll take it!
I had tried this crepe recipe by Vegan Yum Yum for a basic crepe recipe. I made some minor adjustments, but the recipe is basically that one. I had made this a few years ago and haven’t forgotten it. It seems like a difficult meal, but in reality it doesn’t take that long. Get you filling ready. Have your sauce blended and ready, and then start making your crepes, which with a hot skillet, goes really quickly. So it’s not as complicated as it sounds or looks. Just make sure you have a non-stick skillet.
Veggie Crepe with Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 1/2 c almond milk
- 1 scant cup water
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt VEGGIES
- 1 small onion
- 8 oz pkg. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- or any veggies you want!
- Hollandaise Sauce
- VEGGIES – I make the filling ahead before making the crepes since they do not take long to make. Add onion with a small amount of oil or earth balance butter, add in the mushrooms and bell pepper. Once onions are translucent, add in zucchini. Sautee for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- CREPE – Combine almond milk, water, and melted butter. Add in flour and whisk until just combined. Add water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to thin out. Put in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet. Add about 1/4 – 1/2 cup batter into the middle of the skillet and move the skillet around to spread the batter out. When the middle starts to bubble, using a large spatula try to flip the crepe. There shouldn’t be any browning like a pancake. Once flipped it should only be about 10-20 seconds before the other side is cooked.
- Continue until all batter is gone.
- To assemble the crepe, lay the crepe out on the plate and add about 1/4 cup of the filling with a spoonfull of the hollandaise sauce. Wrap, and then top with hollandaise and more veggies if desired.