So I’ve done one tomato basil soup, but here is one that is more creamy and one that James finished the whole bowl.
James is not a huge fan of soup unless he isn’t that hungry or he’s sick, but creamy tomato basil soup he’ll eat with bread or grilled cheese sick or not. I’ve been trying to find a good healthy non-dairy creamy tomato basil soup recipe that he liked as much as I did, and I finally got it! There is always room to improve but he had a full bowl and was shocked at how creamy and delicious it was. And I’m glad because it’s easy, cheap, and I can find everything at any grocery store. Yes, yes, and yes!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 (28oz) can of whole or diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (14oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (15oz) can OR 1 1/2 cups cooked butter beans, drained
- 1 cup coconut cream (about 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk with cream divided)
- salt and pepper, if desired
- EMULSIFIER BLENDER: Add all ingredients, other than salt and pepper, into a medium sauce pan and put on medium heat. Once it starts to simmer, use the emulsifier and blend the beans and tomatoes until creamy. Add salt and pepper if desired. Heat and serve.
- BLENDER: Add all ingredients, other than salt and pepper, into the blender. Blend until smooth. Add soup to medium sauce pan and heat through on medium heat. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Heat and serve.