How can you get through winter without some form of egg nog?! I’m glad that companies are making their own plant-based version of it. But I wanted to know how I could make my own. Now knowing about Nature’s Charm’s coconut sweetened condensed milk, and their evaporated milk, it got me thinking…
Since nog is so thick and fattening, and this is no exception by any means, I wanted to give a little bit more healthier kick than normal so I added turmeric and ginger. I don’t really think it makes that much of a difference, but it at least make’s me not feel awful about what I made! Plus the seasonings give it a great color!
This ended up being more expensive than the store bought soy or coconut egg nog, but it was fresh, and I could play with the spices. So to each his own, but I am glad I made this in the end!
- 2 cans (12 oz) Nature’s Charm Coconut Evaporated Milk
- 2 cans (15 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup white rum, if using
- In a blender add all ingredients and blend on high until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to pitcher and chill in the fridge, about 30 minutes.
- Stir or shake if there is a tight lid before serving. Garnish with cinnamon.