I love the flavor of apple cider but I wanted something less sweet than just apples, so I decided to make it with cranberries and oranges along with an organic cider. The cranberries and the orange blend together with the cider to make a fantastic taste and smell! The aroma coming from the kitchen was great! I left it on the stove simmering just to keep the smell around and we all slowly drank it.
Not to mention it is healthy since there is no added sugar and all ingredients are fresh. So if you are looking for a healthier warm drink to drink other than tea in the fall/winter months, try this out!
Cranberry Apple Cider
- 1 qt. apple cider
- 1 8 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- Juice of 1 orange, and orange peels
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- Optional: shot of whisky
- Heat up all ingredients (other than whiskey if using) in a medium size sauce pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Take off heat and strain into a heat-safe pitcher or another pan to keep warm on the stove.
- Pour glasses, add whiskey if using.
- To garnish, use cinnamon sticks, orange peel, or any left over cranberries.