I don’t know what it is about Swiss Chard, but it always tastes a little salty to me – which I love! And in this recipe the Swiss chard goes great with the sweet/savory dressing. I have used this recipe and made it all year round and switched up a few things depending on if it was in season and with the dressing it never disappoints! I had to share it with all of you! Not to mention it’s a beautiful salad with popping color and something great to have at the dinner table.
The recipe calls for a pinch of paprika… and one time, by accident, I grabbed the cayenne that was in a small bag… and it kind of dumped a little into it. So it ended up being about 1 tsp of cayenne! It still turned out great and I wanted to remember that when I wanted a spicy salad. So if you want to kick up the heat, try that!
Swiss Chard and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 bunch of rainbow Swiss chard, sliced into ribbons and then halved
- pomegranate seeds from 1 pomegranate (1/3-1/2 cup)
- 2 clementines, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 small tart apple (honey crisp, green apple, gala, or fuji works well), chopped Dressing:
- 2 tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- small squeeze of orange juice, 2 tbsp worth
- Toss all chopped ingredients for the salad together. If the pieces are about the same size everything will be mixed evenly and not all the chopped goodies finding it’s way to the bottom all the time.
- Whisk together dressing in a small bowl. Toss together with salad right before serving.
- Dig in! With the dressing it will last a few hours before starting to wilt. Swiss chard take a little but before it starts getting too soggy. But to make sure, wait until a few minutes before serving before adding the dressing.