Brussels sprouts are one of the vegetables that I’m extremely picky with… but raw Brussels sprouts with a salty crunchy topping does it for me! This is one recipe that I love and that I will eat those little green cabbages! Sweet, but salty. Bitter and savory. This salad has a little bit for everyone.
Whenever I make this, I always make double the recipe of the Coconut Bacon, just because I munch on it before and after eating the salad. ; )
Brussels Sprout Salad with Coconut Bacon
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 recipe of Coconut Bacon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, or raisins
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and trim off the stem parts. Take each one and shave them by cutting them into strips. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine lemon juice, dijon, agave, olive oil, and salt if desired and mix together until blended.
- Make coconut bacon, if not already made.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, dressing, and cranberries and mix together. Keep coconut bacon on the side to keep it crispy.
- Once you are ready to eat, top your salad with coconut bacon and enjoy!