Hello! So glad to be back to an almost normal schedule. The end of May we were notified that our rent was going to go up by 50% at the beginning of July. Not cool. So since then, it’s been crazy, but now that everything it starting to calm down, the kitchen is unpacked, and my computer is at least up and running. Almost normal is about all I can ask for.
I posted on my Instagram this Rice Noodle Salad shortly after our kitchen was mainly unpacked and promised it would be up on the blog so here it is! It’s really simple, and something great for lunch on hot days, at a picnic, at the pool, etc. Hope you enjoy it!
Rice Noodle Salad with Herbs
- 1 16 oz. pkg of rice noodles
- 2 medium carrot, matchstick size
- 1/2 medium cucumber, matchstick size
- 10-15 leaves fresh basil, chopped or chiffonade
- 10-15 leaves fresh mint, chopped or chiffonade
- 8-10 oz. of Sweet Chili Sauce (I don’t have a particular brand I like better… yet)
- Take your noodles and put them in a heat safe large bowl. Add hot water, I usually use the tea pot, and use enough water to cover the noodles. Wait for 10-15 minutes for the noodles to cook. Drain, mix with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare your veggies and herbs.
- Add veggies and herbs to the cooked and drained noodles, add the sweet chili sauce. Taste to see if you want more sauce or not. Eat then, or store in the fridge to get cold before eating.