We usually do “side night” every once and a while, which consists of our dinner being multiple “side” items. And these are always on the menu. This is a simple side that I always love to make especially when I make mashed potatoes. I use the juice after it’s out of the oven as a gravy over the mashed potatoes, and it’s great! I suggest trying it.
Red Wine & Thyme Mushrooms
An earthy side full of flavor.
- 16 oz whole white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c dry red wine
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 sprig of thyme, leaves only
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash mushrooms and put in a 8X8 cooking dish. It’s okay if they are crowded since they will shrink and they will be coated more with the sauce.
- Make your red wine sauce: Add the dry red wine, dijon mustard, and thyme leaves and mix together.
- Pour over mushrooms, add to oven. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.