I love asparagus, and pairing it with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs makes it even better! I was craving asparagus and although I can eat a bunch of asparagus just steamed with lemon juice and garlic as a meal all by itself, but I decided to do something a little different with it with other flavors I was wanting, like sun-dried tomatoes and dill. It turned out so delicious that I had to share!
Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Couscous
- 4 c water
- 2 c Israeli couscous
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 whole sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 2-3 c asparagus, chopped
- 1 c scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 12 large leaves fresh basil, cut into strips (chiffonade)
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- S & P
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil water in sauce pan over med-high heat. Add Israeli couscous and let simmer until water is absorbed and couscous is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet, add sun-dried tomatoes with a little bit of the oil, garlic, asparagus and let cook for about 3-5 minutes, until asparagus starts to get soft and garlic is fragrant. Add scallions and mix in, let cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add asparagus mixture to couscous and mix together. Add herbs and mix in.
- Make dressing: Add sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add dressing to couscous mixture. Add S & P to taste. Serve warm or set in fridge to cool. Stays good in fridge for 3-4 days.