Whole Wheat Croutons
Croutons make any salad appealing. That crunch is unmistakable! But sadly, most contain cheese or dried milk in the pre-made versions. They are so easy to make, so I always try to make some ahead of time or at the beginning of the week to use through out... or you could just munch on them...
- 4-6 whole grain bread slices or gluten-free bread
- olive oil
- S & P
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut bread into cubes, add cubes and spread out onto baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Add to salad or store in a 1/2 – 1 gallon size ziplock bag
Note: These are my basic croutons. You can always add other herbs and spices to it. Some good ones would be garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. You can also add my Nut Parmesan to them as well. YUM!