This can always be a side to any salad, sandwich or by itself. It’s something easy to make within 30 minutes or less and I’ll keep eating off of it until it’s gone. For some reason James doesn’t care for chickpeas, so when I make this, it’s all for me! You can always bake a chicken breast in the oven with the buffalo sauce and make a Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and split the sauce and the pasta between the chickpea and chicken to have both options. But from what I’ve heard from everyone, if they like anything from the salad, it’s the chickpeas.
Buffalo Chickpea Pasta Salad
Kick up the regular pasta salad with buffalo sauce and chickpeas. Nothing but boring!
- 1 lb. spiral pasta
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- buffalo wing sauce
- 1 c vegan mayo
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- S & P
- Cook pasta to package instructions. Drain and set aside. You can add a small amount of oil if you want to make sure noodles don’t stick. But you should be adding the mayo sauce to it shortly after it’s done.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Drain chickpeas, rinse and pat dry with towel. Add them to a large ziplock bag. Pour some buffalo sauce into the bag enough that it should coat the chickpeas, about 1/4-1/2 cup. Close the bag and mix together.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Add chickpeas to the sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Add the mayo, lemon juice, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and S & P in a bowl and mix together. Once pasta is cooked and drained and cooled for a few minutes, add mixture to pasta.
- Once chickpeas are out of the oven, add to pasta and mix together. You can eat warm or chill in the fridge until later.