Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Who doesn't want strawberries in the summer?! I love this recipe and I'll change it up depending on the fruit at the store, but the one thing that stays staple is the strawberries and apples. Great for an end to a hot busy day!
- 16 oz strawberries, diced
- 6 oz blueberries, cut in half
- 2 kiwis, diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3/4 to 1 c orange juice
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 20 tortillas, quartered
- 1 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c cinnamon/sugar mix, I make blend my own
- Strawberry Salsa: Combine all fruit together, add lime and orange juice, and mix together. Add jam and combine until dissolved.
- Cover and place in fridge until ready to eat. It’s good to let it sit for about 10-20 minutes so the fruit juices have time to come together.
- Cinnamon Chips: Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover baking sheet(s) with aluminum foil. Add quartered tortillas to baking sheet in one layer.
- Add oil to small bowl, and with a basting brush add a small amount of oil to the tops of the tortillas. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Add baking sheet(s) to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
- Repeat until all tortilla quarters are baked.
- Serve with Strawberry Salsa and eat together. Enjoy!